The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School Elstree - English Comprehension
1. Explain what the word “grumbled” means?
To complain about something / to say something unhappily / to say something in a negative way
2. How can we tell that the eagle does not want to carry the turtle high in the sky?
The eagle sats to the turtle that he's not built for flying because he has no wings.
eg: 'you're not built for flying' the Eagle told the Turtle. You haven't any wings!'
3. How does the turtle persuade the eagle to help him? Please write in a sentence
The turtle persuades the eagle by saying that he will use the flippers to fly.
eg: 'I can make my four flippers act like a four stout oars in the air'
He also promises the eagle that he will bring him rare pearls from the sea
eg: 'I'll bring you lots of rare pearls from the sea!'
4. Write one good thing and one bad thing about being a turtle
One good thing about being a turtle is that they can swim in the sea and crawl about on the beach.
One bad thing about being a turtle is that they can't fly.
5. Write one good thing and one bad things about being an eagle
One bad thing about being an eagle is that they can’t swim.
One good thing about being an eagle is that they can fly so can travel far.
6. If you had to choose to be any animal, bird or insect, what would you choose and why?
1. I would choose to be an eagle because they can fly in the sky and have all the freedom and speed to explore.
2. I would choose to be a turtle because they can swim in the sea all day and night.
3. I would choose to be a turtle because they can crawl around on the beach all day and be lazy. They can collect sea shells and play in the sand.
Any other animal can be picked, with some creative and descriptive reasons